Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Dog Days of Summer


It's hard to believe that summer is almost halfway over- I've been so busy that the days have just flown past. For my birthday I went on a weekend trip to Quebec, which was amazing! I got in a little of practice with my French, and got to experience some foreign culture. It was basically my first time being out of the country, and it was such a weird feeling to walk down the street and realize that all of these people just assumed that I was Quebecois- it wasn't as if they all knew I was from America. On another note, the food was delicious, and I probably had way too much of it- basically everything came in maple flavor, every restaurant had poutine, and wild meats were the name of the game. I also developed a fascination with streets and stairways, and after awhile I was prohibited from taking any more pictures of the ground. (Click here to see some of my pictures from the trip) Anyways, I'm basically booked with regattas-- I just came back from one today and I'm diving into another tomorrow-- so I thought I would check in with some of the stuff that's caught my attention this summer.

MUSIC

Putamayo Presents French Cafe
Found this little treasure of a CD on a cabinet shelf and it ended up being one of those albums where there isn't one song I dislike.

Fibre de Verre 

Mal o Mains 

Si La Photo Est Bonne

Requiem For Annie by Parov Stelar

Teen Idle by Marina and the Diamonds

Twisted Nerve by Bernard Herman from Kill Bill
--WARNING!-- if you listen to this song you won't be able to get it out of your head for about two weeks.

Every Man Gets His Wish by Lana Del Rey

Space by Magic Wands

The Best We Got by The Rubens

Collectors by Springtime Carnivore

YOUTUBE OBSESSIONS

I actually found this youtuber awhile ago but I literally cannot stop watching his videos. He's a dancer that does a dance style called "criming". I can't even describe it but it's addictive to watch- I'll admit I've marathonned his videos more than a couple of times. Plus he has amazing music taste- a lot of the songs above I found from watching his videos, and he also dances to a lot of Parov Stelar and Caravan Palace, which are my known favorites.



This video is definitely my new favorite- I think it's an interesting study in genders and the related dance styles/ what they enhance. When he's dancing as a girl he makes it look like he has curves just by the way he moves-- it's really well done. This video is good too but it won't display it so click here!

I...totally..didn't..marathon....thiswholechannel....




*What am I doing with my life*

This is a really interesting musical channel-- it's a group of musicians that take popular songs and re-do them according to an era.



I actually can't even pick a favorite video. It's basically two brothers who talk to eachother over Youtube about whatever is on their minds, but it's all very interesting and they both have great personalities.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog