Monday, October 7, 2013

I Was Scared of Pretty Girls and Starting Conversations

Sunday mornings are my favorite time of the whole week. You've forgotten the stress and events of the last week, and you haven't yet remembered the responsibilities of the week to come. You can make yourself a coffee, sit down with a book or a sketchpad while the oblique golden light sifts in through the windows, and you can feel like your life is your own for those few fragile hours. 

So this Sunday I was snuggled up in a romper and crochet sweater, full and happy from walnut pancakes, and I got the urge to draw something...as I do from time to time. I ended up with a girl's face- something I draw far too often.(Is that creepy?) 

Anyways, I tried out some new blending stumps I had gotten. The first picture is just plain and the second is sort of edit-y. I didn't know which would look better, so you decide.



I promise there's a Sleepy Hollow review coming as soon as I get over my procrastination.

4 comments:

  1. Both are lovely, but I think the 2nd one is more dynamic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the expression of her eyes! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I've been teaching myself to draw slowly but surely, so the kind words mean a lot.

      Delete

Search This Blog