Sunday, May 18, 2014

Wandering Around: Sitges Spain


When I went to Spain for spring break we visited a number of cities, including Barcelona. Our hotel was actually in Sitges, though, which is about 45 minutes outside of Spain and sits right on the Mediterranean. It's an adorable little resort town and we got a whole day to hang out there before we went to Barcelona. The picture above is the view from my hotel room. Waking up and opening the window to hear the waves crash on the beach and smell the sea breeze was one of the best experiences of my life.


My friends the palm trees.


These were roasting right by the side of the road. Still not sure why I took a picture but they look delicious!



By the end of the trip I wanted to burn down every souvenir shop in Spain; they all carry the exact same overpriced items and I kept getting dragged in there by people. Honestly a rock off the beach is a better souvenir than anything in those shops. But we did find a cute little hippie knick knack shop in Sitges, and I didn't mind buying a little key ring from there. They had all these polished stones and buddhas and pretty scarves: I would love to go back.




We took a nighttime stroll around Sitges, and the way the lights of the waterfront stores reflected onto the water was otherworldly. I love that people stay out late in Spain: at eleven there were still people out walking and getting ice cream. The pace of life is so much more relaxed, I feel like.



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! The last two of the ocean looks especially peaceful. I've never heard of this place until this post, it sounds interesting :) And agreed, love how relaxed Spain is and how lively their night life can be with everyone out and about :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was incredibly peaceful to be right by the sea like that-- I want to go back so badly

      Delete

Search This Blog