Monday, May 12, 2014

Saturday Music Haul


This Saturday was my school's art festival at a local art center. This meant I had to wake up at the ungodly hour of 7 A.M. on a Saturday morning after an exhausting week of school to get to the place by 9:30, and then wait to play until 11:15. I went on with both the jazz band and jazz combo, and I actually had a pretty great time. In jazz band we played "Pescados Frescos" by Armando Rivera and "Easin Along" by someone who's name I forget, and in jazz combo we played "Blues A La Mode", "Corcovado", and "Scrapple from the Apple". 




Sadly I had to cut out before the theatre performances to make it to my other jazz ensemble practice, but the result of a day of all-around jazziness was that I was left in a particularly jazzy mood. I made my way to the record shop and spent awhile browsing around before purchasing five albums:

 "April In Paris" by Count Basie and His Orchestra


 "The Complete Glenn Miller"


 "The Duke Ellington Carnegie Hall Concerts"


 "Sergio Mendes"
I got a little shock with this one; I expected it to be quiet latin piano music, and then the cheesy love songs from every eighties movie in existence started playing. I'm so incredibly okay with this.


"Toscanini; Debussy and Franck"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog