Friday, February 8, 2013

Playlist For a Snowy Day


After many fortnights of freezing temperatures but only half-hearted snowy slush, finally, FINALLY, a blizzard has struck my town. Hail the precipitation gods, for they have answered my prayers. My school declared a half-day, but everyone's response to that was pretty much:



So, from what I hear, only like 3% of the student body actually attended. I was part of the 97% who had better things to do. Like get up at one in the afternoon. And eat cheesy eggs. And wear legwarmers.
...and blog.

Anyways, I've been having a pretty darn cozy day, and I've been playing music pretty much continually. I put together a playlist for any one else out there who's sheltering from the cold.

1.) Same Love by Macklemore


My friend introduced this song to me a few days ago at lunch, and I seriously have to try not to cry every time I hear it. I usually hate the idea of listening to songs because of their lyrics, because I always think of all the Taylor Swift fans that are like, Ermahgerd y'all, Taytay totally, like, GETS me, ya know?!?! But this song just has such a good message; it's just so touching and says everything that I would want to say. I'm also really touched by the fact that it's by Macklemore; I wouldn't think the same guy that did Thrift Shop would do this, but that just goes to show how much of a stereotype there is in music. Just listen to the lyrics.

2.) Your Song by Ellie Goulding


I just love the simplicity of this song, the piano, and Ellie's voice. I love the lyrics, too. They seem so natural to me, like someone would really talk. My favorite line is If I was a sculptor, but then again, no. Or a girl who makes potions at a travelling show. This song just makes me feel warm and soothed.

3.) Shiki No Uta by Nujabes


Yes, I realize that I've put this song on my blog three times now, but I honestly listen to it so much I feel like I'm justified in posting it so much. It's such a great song, R.I.P. Jun Seba.

4.) Dirty Laundry by Bitter Sweet


To be honest I was going to put this really good song from an anime on here, but then I realized that people I know might stumble upon my blog and that I wanted to keep a little bit of my dignity, so I used this instead. I still love it. It's so...sleek, sexy, jazzy, I don't know, it has a mood. It's moody! There we go.

5.) Cats On Mars by Yoko Kanno and The Seatbelts ft. Gabriela Robin


Oh my gosh this song. I literally start giggling for no reason every time I hear this. It makes me feel like a four-year-old again. Just give this song a try. It grows on you like crazy. And the title is just so perfect. It honestly feels like I'm on a planet where everything is made of play-doh and there are cartoon cats everywhere. AKA the best feeling in the world. This song just makes me so happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog