Friday, March 22, 2013

Amy Winehouse Playlist


Amy Winehouse was my childhood. Her jazzy vocals could always be heard echoing through our house growing up, and without even trying I memorized all the lyrics to every single song on Back To Black. I can even remember jumping on the indoor trampoline while watching one of her live performances.

But somewhere along the road I stopped listening to her, and I recently re-discovered her songs, along with my love for them. She had one of the most amazing and unique voices I have ever heard in a singer, and I love the bluesy vibes in her music. It speaks to me, and my memories, and I hope that people will continue to enjoy Amy's music long after she passed away.

Stronger Than Me
This is my favorite at the moment. It has a really cool vibe with the guitar chords in the background, and I love the scat part at the beginning.

You Know I'm No Good
My all time favorite.

The Girl From Ipanema
I love her take on this classic tune; her voice fits it surprisingly well.

Fuck Me Pumps
One of her simpler songs, but I think it's really honest and I love the lyrics.

Hey Little Rich Girl
*Happy Vibes* Also who wouldn't want to be those two guys off to the side just havin' a ball? I'm thinking future career...

Rehab
I mean, I pretty much had to include this one. It's CLASSIC. 

Tears Dry On Their Own

Rest in Peace, Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog