Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring Playlist

My darling readers, it is my joyous pleasure to inform you that spring has arrived! Ah yes, it may have gotten off to a chilly start with a few scattered snow showers, but all is forgotten now that the plants are budding green and the birds are coming back from their travels to serenade us. And as the cold gray skies of winter recede into the past, I find myself shrugging off the gloominess and depression that I have carried with me and starting to be interested in more creative pursuits and optimistic thinking. And of course, my favorite part of spring is that I'm sailing again! I could care less that my fingers come dangerously close to frostbite on a daily basis and that my shins look like eggplants from being knocked around so much, because I'm on the water and there's salt on my skin and wind in my hair and I couldn't be happier. And the soundtrack to the new season unfolding around me has so far been a fair quantity of, for lack of a better term, hipster music, but hey it makes me happy. 

Jerk it Out by The Caesars



Mansard Roof by Vampire Weekend
The amount of preppy is almost too much to handle...


Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis


Sitting, Waiting, Wishing by Jack Johnson
He melts me inside.


Ain't No Rest For The Wicked by Cage The Elephant
Listen to the lyrics.


Daylight by Matt and Kim


Walcott by Vampire Weekend


What You Know by Two Door Cinema Club


Campus by Vampire Weekend


Sleepyhead by Passion Pit


The names to many more of my favorite songs are eluding me so when I remember them there will probably be a second installment of my spring playlist. 

xx, Skye




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog