Monday, September 2, 2013

It's Alive!

My scanner finally came back from the dead! I haven't been able to scan anything for weeks so now I finally get to and post all my failure to the world wide web. I'm pretty excited, too.


This is actually from last year but I don't think I ever posted it. There was an assignment to illustrate a line from Romeo and Juliet so I chose
"Swear not by the moon, th'inconsistent moon, that monthly changes in her circled orb, lest thy love prove likewise variable."


I took a stab at the Mirror's Edge poster, but just using three colors and more of posterized style. My interest kind of petered out after the figure and the logo, so the city and text are sub-par.


I did Cara Delevigne in pencil. Some charcoal from another picture rubbed off on it though, so all the shading is messed up- I'll probably re-do it in the future.


I started reading The Catcher In The Rye  last night and felt the need to draw Holden. Except of course I had to make things hard on myself, so I challenged myself to do under ten minutes and with charcoals. This is the outcome... As far as the book, I'll probably review it when I finish (I'm about halfway through, so hopefully in a couple days?). I like it a lot so far... I can read through a pretty good chunk of it in one sitting without feeling like I have to stop and digest, but it's not shallow or anything either, and I like that the narration is so stylized and conversational. It's not my favorite, but it's definitely a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog