Thursday, February 20, 2014

10 Bookish (And not so Bookish) Thoughts

The forest next to my house as seen from my balcony.

1.) I got through the first part of Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin but I'm not really loving it and it's 700 pages, so I don't know if I should finish it at this point.

2.) The Great 2014 Indie Press Preview is out! I looked through some of it and there are a ton of great titles, plus I love that they're from indie presses that I wouldn't hear about otherwise.

3.) I've noticed from reading blogs and watching Youtube videos that a lot of adults read YA fiction. I didn't really expect this, so I thought I would do a little web search as to possible reasons. I thought this article explained the trend really well- check it out! And if you're an adult that reads YA, I'd love to hear why you like it! I'm just curious- I think it's an interesting topic. So comment below!

4.)I watched Rushmore last night, so now I've watched Wes Anderson's whole filmography! I loved it so much, and I'll write a review of it. I mean, Bill Murray and Jason Schwartzman played the two main characters, so it would have been hard for it not to be amazing. It was interesting to see what a jump Wes made from Bottle Rocket to Rushmore- you can tell he really figured out what his style was. And as per usual, the soundtrack was 100% spot on. My favorites-




5.) I re-watched Ginger and Rosa because it's just so beautiful and I can't get over it. And I realized last night that I have all the components for a Rosa outfit! Boyfriend jeans, gray oversized turtleneck sweater, duffle coat. I'm feeling a photo shoot??

6.) WHY ARE THERE ONLY THREE MORE DAYS OF VACATION??? I literally didn't do ANYTHING except lay around and write and read and draw and blog and bleahahhh.

7.) On the same note I'm currently having a crisis about what I want to do when I grow up because I don't feel like I'll be qualified to do anything and I don't want to end up in a cubicle.

8.) It's a balmy forty degrees fahrenheit today, so maybe I'll walk my dog and snap some pictures.

9.) Plans for France this summer are moving along, and it looks like I'll be spending two weeks there and then meeting my brothers in Amsterdam for another week- I can't wait! I just don't know what I'll do with the rest of my summer- it will be too late by the time I get back to do any of the programs I was looking into, and sailing will be almost over. There's no way I can sit around for a whole month of the summer, which is weird because I always thought of myself as an incredibly lazy person, but I've found I start having mini panic attacks when I spend more than a couple hours not doing anything to better my skills. 

10.) I need winter to be over NOW. It's getting old.

2 comments:

  1. Funny - our tenth thoughts were the same. I have been wondering about Winters Tale but at this point the name is putting me off. I need a Spring Tale, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating!

    I love Wes Anderson- I can't wait for his new movie out in a week or two!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog