Friday, February 7, 2014

Weekend Watches


I'm outta here!! I'm going to Vermont for the weekend, which means no internet :'( Actually I'm not so sad, I need to get some reading and writing done. Anyways, since there will be no reviews, I thought I would leave y'all with my to-watch film list- maybe you can fit in some time to watch one of the movies and tell me how it is!


Cloud Atlas
Judging from the trailer, this looks like a really interesting but also really confusing movie- I'm thinking I might want to read it in book form first...


Monuments Men
Just the fact that Bill Murray is in this makes me want to watch it #billmurrayfanclub but I hear from Flavorwire the soundtrack really ruined the whole thing </3 I can't stand bad soundtracks...


A Fantastic Fear of Everything
Although this hasn't been released in the US yet I'm sure I could find it streaming. It looks pretty cute and campy.


La Migliore Offerta
And you thought there weren't going to be any Italian films on this list ;) This looks really intriguing- I like that there seems to be an art history aspect. It's been on a lot of top ten Italian films lists.


Viva La Liberta
I've fallen for Toni Servillo the way you only can for dopey old guy actors (Bill Murray I'm looking at you). His wrinkles and watery eyes make me happy what can I say. 


Spring Breakers
Okay don't roll your eyes. I wasn't going to watch this at first, but then people started saying it was actually pretty insightful and wasn't just a neon drugged-out mess, so I'll give it a try.


Tim's Vermeer
I love Vermeer and art history and this movie just makes me really excited what can I say.


Inside Llewyn Davis
This movie seems to be one of those where you either love it or hate it- I've seen reviews on both ends of the spectrum. What seems to be constant is that people say there's sort of a mockery of the film industry in it, it's not trying to be good, you just have to get it. Well, from that description I don't really get it but the cat looks promising.


Amelie
This seems to be the film to watch if you want to watch a French film, and I'd love to give it a go- it looks very quirky and original. I don't know how I feel about French films; watching Delicatessen at the ripe age of six seemed to scar me subconsciously- I still remember random scenes from it at weird times.


Rushmore
When I watch this I will have seen every Wes Anderson film there is to see. Plus, young Jason Schwartzman. I mean, young Jason Schwartzman. 

Aside from those, there's a whole spread of Italian films I'd like to get around to watching, but I'll leave you with these for now :) If you've seen any of these, or watch any of these over the weekend, make sure to leave a comment telling me how they are!!

2 comments:

  1. La Migliore Offerta and Viva La Liberta look fantastic, will definitely keep my eye out for those two. And I hope you enjoy Amelie, it's such a lovely, whimsical movie (with an equally whimsical and memorable soundtrack IMO) :)

    Have you seen La Finestra di Fronte? I haven't watched very many Italian movies to date but it's a favourite for me (and, okay, Raoul Bova is very nice to look at), I love the soundtrack to pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen La Finestra Di Fronte but I'll definitely put it on my to-watch list! I'm always looking for more Italian films- they're really helping me to learn Italian.

      Delete

Search This Blog