Monday, February 3, 2014

January Review


It's officially February! It's so strange- January felt like it went by so fast. I got into this strange time thing where on January 28 I still thought it was January 14 (I blame not having to date my papers in school anymore), so it was a little bit of a rude awakening to learn the first month of 2014 had passed. I don't know if anyone else gets this, but sometimes I'll remember Spring or Summer in strange flashes of certain senses, like the feel on my skin of a muggy summer dusk or the smell of a hot dry room with wood floors. It's making me really want winter to end.

BOOKS READ


Red Dragon by Thomas Harris
I didn't write a review of this one but maybe I'll do a video for it. It was definitely really interesting to see where the makers of the TV show drew their inspiration from. 


Speak, Memory by Vladimir Nabokov

MOVIES WATCHED


La Grande Bellezza dir. by Paolo Sorrentino


Caro Diario dir. by Nanni Moretti


Ginger and Rosa dir. by Sally Potter


Bianca Come Il Latte Rossa Come Il Sangue dir. by Giacomo Campiotti


3 comments:

  1. Hello Skye, I'm Chiara, an Italian girl. Are you studying Italian? Because you've watched a lot of Italian films! Excuse for my bad English, but I don't know that so well. I study English at school, and I like it very much! You should read John Green's "The fault in our star", it's b e a u t i f u l!
    I adore it :)
    -Chiara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chiara! I am studying Italian outside of school, but I'm not very good yet. I love Italian films and I found it helps me with my Italian to watch them, because I can hear people speaking Italian and what the words sound like! I'm half Italian, so I really want to learn and be able to travel to Italy. Thanks for commenting! I love your blog!

      Delete
    2. Hi Skye! I can help you and you can help me! If you want, I can write to you in my language, and you can write to me in your language! Italian is very difficult, and some Italians are bad with Italian grammar! (oh, excuse for my bad english, but I'm twelve and I study English at school, so my English isn't good!) I love your blog, too! It is.. very very beautiful and real! If you want to comment in my blog, my blog is open! (I have just read that you didn't like "The fault in our stars"! oh, no problem!)
      Ti aspetto sul mio blog, ciao! :)

      Delete

Search This Blog