Thursday, January 23, 2014

Figures

This. Is Just. So. Me.

I have news everyone! Gather round gather round gather round. The date is January 23, 2014, and it is New Years.
Apparently.

So basically, this is what always happens to me. I'm sort of a failure at doing the whole New Years resolution thing, because although I can be as critical as I want about books and films, I'm pretty bad at looking at my own life and seeing what needs to be changed. So today, I got home after finishing midterms (FINALLY), and I logged onto my blog. And I was like,

this is depressing.

I mean I got stuck in this *book-blogging* rut where my background was cream and I typed cute little reviews for everything I read and it was SO. ENTIRELY. BOOOORING.


See, it's so easy to succumb to a persona you've given yourself. That's the problem. I was like, this is what a book blogger is, I will be a book blogger. And I didn't even realize how bland and impersonal everything had gotten until it was too late.

BUT SEE

I'm an annoying high school girl.

I should act like one. 

I mean for god's sake, five more years and poof I'll have to be an adult (god forbid) so I might as well make the most of the excuse of teenagerhood, right?

So here we go, I changed my blog around, and yes I KNOW changing the URL will like, make me lose all my followers and all but the reality is that I didn't even have many followers in the first place, and this is like a clean slate for me. 

So I'm going to start my blogging career over. 

I'm going to blog about whatever I want to, be it books or film or music or MY BAD POETRY because why the hell not. Can I get an amen?

And why the rambling imp? 1.) because I cannot for the life of my write a concise review of something I love and 2.) I don't know people have told me I'm impish.

But fun fact: someone had the URL theramblingimp already. Like, what? I just, I feel like I need to be friends with them.

Ok, well, we'll see how this goes. Bear with me, fellow humans.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog