Thursday, January 2, 2014

10 Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts


10 Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous.

1.)SHERLOCK just omfg. Just just just omfg I can't. I really really don't want to spoil the season three premiere for anyone who hasn't watched it yet, but it was definitely the best episode yet. Everything that I wanted the writers to work on happened and it was pure perfection and I'm still trying to just breathe.

2.) I'm currently obsessed with all things Korean. It's turning into a problem. My friend introduced me to Exo-K's Mama and ever since I've been chasing a music video high. My favorite band is definitely Big Bang, but I like Super Junior's music a lot, too. I've also been marathoning Pretty Man, which is without a doubt the most absurd and cheesiest thing ever created- I love it. I've caught up to the current episode and now I have nothing to do with my life while I wait for the next episode.

3.) For Christmas my brother gave me his vintage record player and a stack of classical records. I've been listening to it nonstop. There's something about records that just makes the music feel more special- there's a ritual to playing it, and you have to take care of the equipment. It feels real, not just a name on a computer screen.

4.) I finally read John Green's The Fault in our Stars....and I didn't like it at all. *pause for horrified gasps* My review is right below this post, if you want to know why.

5.) Today was supposed to be the first day back at school after winter break, but it was cancelled due to Hercules. Tomorrow's cancelled, too, so I've ended up with four more days of break. What do I even do??

6.) My New Year's Resolution was to be a better blogger, which means posting more often, expanding my blog, and working on getting more involved in the blogosphere. If anyone has any blogging tips I'd love to hear in the comments below!

7.) I'm looking for more writing opportunities- contests, submissions, collabs, etc. to keep me writing more, so if anyone has info on those share share share! :) 

8.) I'm starting to make travel plans for the coming year, and I'm feeling really optimistic about it. I feel like I've gotten to the age where I can start traveling comfortably on my own and finding travel opportunities for myself. I'm going to Spain for spring break with my school, and June and July I'll be in France (hopefully!) I'd love to do one of the NatGeo photography and filmmaking expeditions, but they're so expensive! (Related, if I start traveling, should I do a travel blog or travel extension to this blog?? What do you think?)

9.) I've developed a craving for a well-written page-turner. I stopped reading YA books, but after reading Samantha Shannon's The Bone Season I'm finding it hard to go back to reading dense, slow-paced adult books. I want to find a well-written book that I don't have to think too much about and can get absorbed in, but I don't know what that would be. I'll have to do some research.

10.) I'm building bookshelves in my bedroom, so I was thinking about my current collection of books. There are a lot of leftovers from my YA phase a couple years ago that I don't see myself picking up again (e.g. every Sarah Dessen book ever written), and I was thinking what to do with them. Would people be interested in a giveaway? I haven't done anything like that before but it might be fun.

I hope everyone had a happy New Years!

2 comments:

  1. So awesome you get to travel this year! I think you should totally keep it on this blog- maintaining two seems like such a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit in love with my record player as well (although it plays exclusively 80s albums!).

    I reckon if you keep in mind #6 while thinking about #8 (ie not a new blog but expanding this one) you might just be able to fulfill your New Year's resolution - well done!

    I used to keep all of my books. But the space.... Now I give nearly all of them away as soon as I've read them (and it feels good).

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog