Thursday, January 23, 2014

10 Bookish (and Not So Bookish) Thoughts



Ten Bookish and Not so Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous

1.) I'M FINALLY DONE WITH MIDTERMS!! They were incredibly dragged out due to two snowstorms, but they're finally over and I couldn't be happier to get back to normal life.

2.)There was a big ol' snowstorm yesterday and there's still snow all over everything, so I took a two-hour walk around my village this afternoon and took a few pictures (example above)

3.) I finally got around to watching Ginger and Rosa last night (instead of studying for my french midterm) and it was one of the best films I've seen in awhile. And Elle Fanning was incredible. And then of course I had to write a super long gushing review (instead of studying for my french midterm). Anyways I'll definitely be looking into more of Sally Potter's work.



4.) THE HANNIBAL SEASON TWO TRAILER IS OUT! It made me feel a lot better about having finished Sherlock season 3. In my excitement I dug out my copy of Red Dragon I had gotten at a library book sale a few months ago, and read it in basically one go. I'm still feeling a little too disturbed about it to write a review. I will say that I think the show is a lot better.


5.) Okay, so this is a really random idea but.... I'm thinking of starting a Youtube channel? I just discovered this massive network of Booktubers, and they're all so interesting and smart and hilarious, and I think it could be a lot of fun. I have no idea how to act in front of a camera, and in reality I would probably be an awkward mess, but *insert irony* YOLO, amarite? Anyways, I'm thinking of getting more into film, and if anything it could be a good learning experience with editing and all that. What do you guys think?

6.) Back to Ginger and Rosa, the soundtrack was FLAWLESS. We're talking jazz standards left and right. It was so cool to look up the song list and be like, wow, I played half of these. I made a youtube playlist with my favorites here.

7.) I sort of went on a shopping spree on Amazon and ordered The Golem and The Jinni, Little Failure, and The Life of God (As Told By Himself. I'm really excited to read them when they come: I've heard good things about them all. Have you read any of these? What did you think?


Well, that's all I have for this week. Midterms sort of sucked what little life I have outside of school all away. I'm looking forward to relaxing and reading all weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog