Thursday, January 9, 2014

Wishlist: "Little Failure" by Gary Shteyngart


Recently I've been spending quite a bit of time on Flavorwire, and this book has been mentioned a couple times as a January release to look forward to. Not gonna lie, the title made me giggle, and it just sounds like the sort of book that would be fun to read. I think it would be an interesting contrast after I finish Speak, Memory-both about Russian immigrants, but I'm sure the two accounts would be incredibly different. I don't really like memoirs or autobiographies unless they're funny or bring up relevant ideas- Nabokov's book being the latter and Gary's being the former. Plus, who could resist reading a book that has a trailer where the author is gay married to James Franco and they sport matching pink bathrobes?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog