Thursday, March 13, 2014

10 Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts

Quick Sketch I did last week.

1.) I'm so happy it's March. February is quite possibly the dreariest month of the year.

2.) I finished reading A Separate Peace by John Knowles for English class. It was incredibly well-written but it didn't really have any topics in it I felt particularly connected to or interested in. Still, I loved having whole-class discussions about chapters we had read each night. Our class is small enough everyone got to get their ideas in. No spoilers about the ending but right now I'm pretty much :

3.) I've had a Kpop relapse. I'm not proud. But it's even worse this time because I've also discovered Jrock. My life is spiraling out of control.
D=out Kanden 18 Gou

BIGBANG Bad Boy

BIGBANG+ 2NE1 Lollipop

4.) I'm reading Call It Sleep by Henry Roth. Again, it's an amazing book but I'm just not connecting to it. I'm also reading The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker, which is turning out to be really enjoyable and rich with culture. <3

5.) It's that time of the school year when I have to make my course decisions for next year. I decided on HL (AP, sort of) English, History, and French, and SL art, math, and environmental science. Pumped!

6.) The school literary magazine is coming together, which I'm really happy about- we're working on getting our first print edition out! And we're also thinking of doing a slam poetry contest in April- I know a lot of students who would be into that, and I myself have been working on some incredibly mediocre slam poems.

7.) I'm done with the winter session of jazz ensemble, which means I have my next two saturdays free! This Saturday I'm going into Boston to visit my brother and maybe see some museums. I had a ton of fun at the Museum of Fine Arts the other weekend, especially seeing the Dutch Art Nouveau exhibit and the Japanese printmaking.

8.)I'm thinking about rereading The Cornish Trilogy. It's one of my favorite series but I read it in middle school and I can barely remember what it's about now. 

That's it for now! This meme is hosted by Christine @ Bookishly Boisterous!

4 comments:

  1. I just learned what kpop was last night, from a college student who has a few roommates that are into it. I'm apparently behind with them times... or lucky, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah you're lucky! It's not very good music but it gets stuck in your head :(

      Delete
  2. Lovely sketch! :)

    Glad to hear you're enjoying The Golem and the Jinni :) I read it a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

    Ahh, literary magazine :) I had a lot of fun partaking in that when I was in high school

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Literary magazine is turning out to be really fun and surprisingly inspiring? I have a lot of classmates I'd never have known had such amazing talents had they not submitted to litmag :)

      Delete

Search This Blog